You’ve decided to embark on a yacht charter! Now there are some decisions to make and steps you need to complete before booking your trip. Here’s the game plan:
- Start about six months in advance to plan your trip. This will allow you to research all of your options and get the best price on your charter.
- Decide who is going on the trip. If it’s just you and a significant other, you are probably seeking a very different experience than if you have a large family group. Children must be thought of if you plan to take any along, and proper accommodations reserved.
- Choose your location. Do you want to visit the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, or elsewhere? Do you want to see specific sights, or are you open to any itinerary?
- Select your sailing dates. The weather and chosen location may influence when you decide to take your trip, so you can ensure nice weather and (if sailing) favorable winds.
- Figure out what you ultimately want from the experience. Are you hoping for rest and relaxation? Adrenaline fueled excitement? Partying and shopping?
- Pick a type of yacht. Do you long to experience sailing, or is a luxury power yacht preferable? Do you want a full crew or just a skipper and possibly a chef?