Chartering a Yacht Basics: The First Conversation
So you’ve been wondering what a yacht charter is all about? Perhaps you have friends who have done it? Maybe you’ve read one of the plethora of blog articles regaling the virtues of a yacht charter vacation (which we highly recommend, by the way). Are ready for a new experience? Now it’s time to begin the process! What next?
The first phone call
When you first call us, here are the 5 things we will discuss:
- Have you ever chartered a yacht before? Or is this your first experience?
- Where are you thinking? Perhaps you’re thinking the Caribbean but not sure where? Or maybe you have your sights set on the Mediterranean?
- What’s the profile of the guests? Is it a group of singles? or a family with young children? Perhaps you are a multi-generational travel group with everyone from grandparents to young kids?
- What’s your budget? (You knew this was coming!)
- When were you thinking of going? Is your timing specific – trying to coincide with holidays or a spring break? Or are you somewhat flexible?
You should set aside up to an hour for this initial consultation call. We will take as much time as you need to answer your questions and provide you with as much information as we can at this point.
What can you expect?
We will listen to your answers to the above questions as well as other aspects or features you may be looking for, such as SCUBA, or perhaps fishing, etc… We will then begin to search through our database based on your wants, needs, desires, budget, etc… and match up what’s available. We will be looking at all of this combined with yachts and crews we have experience with.
We will then send you a few options to review. We are mainly looking for your reaction at this point: what are you noticing, what do you and don’t you like, how close does it match your expectations, etc… We will then have another conversation to begin to narrow in on a few great options for you.
It’s such a fun process. It generally comes together pretty quickly as we continue to go back and forth narrowing in each time. It’s imperative that we get it right! Your happiness and our reputation depends on it!!
So if now is the time, and you’re ready to begin the conversation, pick up the phone and give us a call. Let’s get started putting together your trip of a lifetime. We’re ready when you are!